Statement of Values
To create the best multi-genre convention that is unique to the Gulf Coast community and that is a safe and welcoming environment for all types of fans.
Gulf Coast Fan Fest strives to be all inclusive by seeking out popular artists, actors, writers, and creators that all contribute to their respective fandom and allow fans to interact with them as well as to create events that cater to all types of fans. GCFF creates a safe environment for all types of fandom to express themselves, free from bullying or harassment. GCFF provides a place for fans to form a community in which they have the best experience possible. GCFF endeavors to be a unique event in Biloxi by reaching out to the local community to create an environment that we would never be able to achieve by ourselves.
Pensacon Statement of Values
• GCFF was created with the idea of making a convention where people of all types of fandoms can enjoy interacting with popular representatives of those fandoms and with each other. As such, we are guided by a set of principles in every decision we make.
- • GCFF will create a safe, fun, and welcoming environment for all types of fandoms.
- • GCFF has a strict non-discrimination policy regarding gender, sexual identity, age, race, color, ethnicity, nationality, religion, disability, physical appearance, veteran status, or interest in any specific fandom.
- • GCFF will act with integrity and honor in all manners of business with guests, vendors, sponsors, attendees, venues, partners, and community at large.
- • GCFF will promote a sense of community and foster open and honest communication between all guests, citizens, and businesses.
- • GCFF will always abide by all federal, state, and local laws.
• GCFF expects anyone representing GCFF, be they staff, volunteers, vendors, sponsors, or venues to abide by these values.
Safe Environment Policy
As GCFF strives to create a safe environment where all are welcome the following will not be tolerated by GCFF:
1. Any form of intimidation, threats, or violence towards others, whether verbal, physical, or electronic.
2. Any form of sexual harassment, including inappropriate or unwanted touching, unwanted sexual language or gestures, covert or inappropriate photography, and inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces.
3. Any form of hate speech, including any slur or remark intended to disparage, intimidate or harm any race, gender, sexual identity, age, race, color, ethnicity, nationality, religion, disability, physical appearance, veteran status, or interest in any specific fandom.
4. Disruptive, destructive, or unsafe behavior that disturbs or endangers staff, attendees, guests, sponsors, vendors, or venue.
GCFF will establish Safe Havens that will be located throughout the venue. If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, please contact a staff member or volunteer immediately. If a staff member or volunteer is not readily available or if you feel threatened in any manner, please proceed directly to any of the GCFF information booths, merchandise booths, ticket booths, or vendor booth identified as a Safe Haven.